Wednesday, April 8, 2009

5 weeks

Well I have reached my 5 week mark. Now, I believe Lent is really over on the 11th and I intend on continuing on a good habit of off carbonation/caffine but I will consider it a goal met on the 11th. This has been a really good experience. Not quite as spiritual and that is purely my fault but I think that is as been rewarding and insightful none the less. I have been much more kind and patient with my students- not that I was terrible before but I have been better than what I was and I am sleeping better.

So I celebrated the end of my Lent Living by going to here. It was an amazing experience. It made me so grateful for every slight movement voluntary and involuntary, every beat, every breath. Our bodies are incredible and wonderous! It is amazing, the potential power/energy that lies within each of us and yet how differently we decide to use this power. How differently our life experiences and exposures create paths that initiate and direct this power through, whether for good or bad. And yet I realized that even with the intricate gift of the body, we are nothing without Spirit. I am reminded of the D&C 84:46 "the spirit giveth light, to every man that cometh to the world." We are trully of divine nature and we must be stewards of the gift.

So I have an idea, just as I have used these past 40 days to improve myself ...what if I continue on, every 40 days make a new challenage. I have always been terrible at setting and keeping goals. Therefore my self improvement is always a little bit on my slow side. But I trully would like to continue to improve and develope myself. Now my hopes is that I would not only keep on with the improvement and accomplishment of this first goal but also each subsequent goal made, hence on a path to a better me. So I would like to propose my own 40 DAY CHALLANGE!!!! I would like you to join me with your own 40 day challange however the best motivation comes from inside, so if you feel so compelled...COME JOIN ME!!! Starting Monday I will take on my second goal of excercising for 30 minutes a day. Now originally I had said I was going to go off soda/caffine and start excercising but a week in with fatigue and headaches I didn't stand a fighting chance. So I simplified my goal to just no soda/caffine. But now after becoming un-....no less addicted(cause I still want it) I have decided to rededicate myself to this goal. My biggest struggle will be this. But hopefully I can resist and conquer. What's your challange?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I liked the Bodies exhibit but LOVED the dialouge in the dark...it was a very powerful experience and makes you appreciate life the way you "SEE" it.... :) You would love this too...

modestmuse said...

You go girl! That's all I can say ... until I settle on something I'm willing to try/give up too.

Matti said...

Jealous that you went to bodies. I wanted to go when they were in Honolulu, but couldn't fork over $40...gasp! Awesome that you got to go though. And I have this email I am going to send you about Coke...just to give you extra ammunition against your cravings. And I am going to join you in this 40 day challenge thing. That is an awesome idea. I tend to try to "fix" too many areas of my life at once and then 2 weeks later have lost all gusto. So, I will try to focus on just 1 for 40. Thanks buddy!