Sunday, April 26, 2009

My Flat

So I finally got things cleaned up and looking good enough to take pictures and show off my apartment. I think I am just now accepting the fact that I will be here for a while. I hung up pictures and got a few more "decor" for around my house. The two pictures on the side I sketched and cut out with an exacto knife. Go on and guess how much I paid for that cool couch/pillows/side tables/coffee table???? $15 dollars! Yeah from garage sales Ok so this is probably the part I really want to look cool but have yet together...its a little too much ekletic chaos rather than ekletic chic...I got those cool leather "safari animals" (+camel) for $12 bucks at a consignment store.
My kitchen....rug I got for free...dumpster diving!My music nook! The pictures I took in Hawaii and framed for like 12 bucks each and the table was like $20 at a closeout (the piano was a mear $50 at walmart and yes if you look really close I am learning to play "Danny Boy") My bathroom..nothing too crazy still thinking of a good theme. I need some good ideas to paint on canvas above the toliet...anyone???
My planning/homework/breakfast nook! My sister got this cool lamp for me for $8 at a garage sale and the book on the table...EUROPE FOR DUMMIES!!! I CAN'T WAIT!!!
The lounge cozy chair! I wish this chair was mine! My sister is letting me borrow it!
My bedroom! This is probably the cleanest you'll ever see it. So I bought 6 big canvas and I am going to put them together and paint one big picture to go above my bed.
My catch all dresser! and yes! That is a beautician head....Her name is Jenny! I seriously want to go to beauty school on day! I got her for $5 at consignment store. This one is for my brother who did this beautiful piece of art work! I hung it right in my hallway! I love it JOJO
THANKS! So this is my place! Visitors welcome!

11 comments:

Melissa said...

wow nice place! I like your couch and stuff for only 15 bucks! what a deal!

Matti said...

wow. you moved? sure wish i had your designing tallent! such a natural!

Brianna and Byron Putnam said...

Aly, I want to visit! Your place looks so great! You did a great job decorating it :)

Scoresbys said...

Wow. I'm seriously impressed. I want a picture update one week from now!

* said...

love the decor, gives me some great ideas.
PS: I hopped over here from the Neil's (Brooke's) blog. Hope you don't mind! ;)

Jordan and Jandee said...

Aly you little interior decorator you, it looks gorgeous. And I'm a little more than slightly jealous of your zebra rug. seriously.

Gabaldon said...

Love your pad! I love bargins!!!

Out And About Global said...

You know, the only reason that orange couch is cool is because you own it---In my house it would look like the 1975 garage sale find that it is, but with you personality and hip style it looks retro cool. Love the pictures you did--what patience to cut them out.

the Cardon Clan said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE your apartment. So fun, stylish, and with personality. I wish I could come and see it in person!

Susie Faye said...

aly! i love your house! it's so chic and THRIFTY. Too bad the NC trip didn't work out and that I didn't get to see you. Hope you are well friend.

Tara said...

your place is so nice aly!!!!