Sunday, August 17, 2008

SPONSOR AN ORPHAN

Many of you know that several years ago I participated in a volunteer organization called OSSO, Orphange Support Service Organization. It was incredible opportunity that I have and will never forget. I have often times dreamed about going back to see the children I grew to love. While many of them are no longer there and I am greatful for their adoptions, I know that there are still a great number of others who have not been adopted. Several times I have inquired about going back but due to schooling and finacial situation have been unable to. However, I recently received an email informing me of this fantistic opportunity for previous volunteers to take part in. If I can get 10 people to each sponsor 1 child for a year, or one person to sponsor 10 children, the program will fly me back down to Ecuador to see all my little babies, all expenses paid.
Child sponsors pay $30/month to sponsor a child, for at least a year, longer if you would like (That's just $360, or about a dollar a day).
To find out more click on the link www.orphanagesupport.org/sponsorships.html.
If you can please pass this along and let anyone you know who may be interested in helping me out know about this opportunity.
As a school teacher, If I were to find a sponsor for 10 children, I would take this opportunity to provide school kits/ supplies to those in need. If you would like to help me in that regards please let me know. If you decide to become a sponsor please let me know and make sure toprovide my name ALYSON JONES at some point in filling out the sponsorship form .
Thank you so much for making one of my dreams become a reality!
If you can not sponsor but are interested in actually participating in the program I STRONGLY recommend it. It will change your life.

3 comments:

AJones said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
AJones said...

THANKS ERIN ODELL FOR BEING THE FIRST SPONSOR!!!!

Shannon said...

Hi there, you don't know me, but I'm Allison (Smith's) sister. I was just looking at who was on her friend list, and ran across your blog. I also went to Ecuador with OSSO and it was one of the most amazing experiences of my life! I went to Quito in 2004, and would LOVe the opportunity to return, but like you, schooling and finances have held me back. I hate that it's so expensive! Anyway-it's always fun to find to find another alum. Good luck finding sponsors, I hope you're able to go back!