So Friday afternoon I got a phone call. It was from the BYU-H Honor Code office. "Hi this is ______from the BYU-H Honor Code Office. Is this Alyson Jones?", said the lady with a heavy accent. My heart sank as I thought, "Shoot, finally those 'Micheal Phelps' pictures of me had surfaced!"*** But I calmly replied, "Yes, yes it is." The lady calmed my nerves as she continued on to tell me that as she was cleaning off her desk she had found a $50 Walmart Gift Card in an envelope for me. She asked if I had been gone from BYU-H long. Not wanting to ruin my chances of Walmart Gift Card. I told her it had been a little bit. She said she would send me out the card this week. You see a few months before I left Hawaii I entered a BYU-H Honor Code Office Poster Contest. They wanted ideas to help promote the "rules" at BYU-H. I needed money so I thought "What the heck!" and I designed a few that were purposefully a little more"edgy-er", just to push the envelope. Well, a week later I got an email that I had won (I think I was the only one who entered) and to come claim my prize. So I went down to the Honor Code Office but they acted as if they didn't know they were even having a contest, so they sent me over to the Student Services Office. When I asked them about it the walked around saying they had heard something about it and I ended up explaining it to 3 different personnel and we finally came to conclusion that the person I needed to talk to was not there and to try back later. I tried several times the next couple of weeks to catch this "Wizard of Oz", when finally life got busy and I just gave up on it. Well in good 'ol BYU-H fashion , here I am 2 years later getting a phone call telling me that upon cleaning her desk off she finds my prize. DID I MENTION THAT THIS WAS 2 YEARS AGO!!! (I would hate to see what their drawers and closets look like) Anyway, I am just happy I am finally getting my well earned prize, even if it turns out to be expired!
Featured below are the winning pieces of work.


***I am KIDDING about the M.P. Bong thing but not about the story.
10 comments:
Wow, very cool! I love the art work!
I can't stop laughing. Those posters are funny! Good job and congrats on your prize.
So, so, so funny. Can I repost on my blog?
oh u go girl. u were my biggest helper to get in to the creative track...remember our brain storm sessions in my little room! haha oh my gosh memories!
sounds like byuh. I can't believe it's been 2 years!!!! she must have a very messy desk
thats a crack up aly! what are you going to buy!!?
Oh that was good! The Micheal Phelps thing was hilarious and it just kept getting better from there! Sorry I haven't commented on your blog forever! I think I finally did get over being so obsessed!
your funny
I love this post,that is so funny and you know the walmart gift cards are totally expired! Very clever ads!
Hahaha, those were hillarious. That is true-fashioned good old BYUH...just as I remember it. Aaaah, the memories. So many laps around that school trying to find one right person (who is NEVER around) to answer one simple question. Whatcha goona buy?
Post a Comment