In a cold misty forest,
by a dark twisted tree
A perfect man knelt down to pray,
in the mud.
Crying the tears of sorrow,
tears of blood.
His life he would give us,
for he died on the cross.
So take hold of his teachings,
and not one will be lost.
In A Beautiful Room
Long, long ago,
in a beautiful room,
with a cool crisp breeze,
and a magnificiant view,
a light shone through,
making everything sparkle and shine,
and in the middle of the room
laid something more valuable
than copper, silver, or gold.
Can you guess what it was?
Can you guess what its worth?
It provides you with everything
you'll ever need and will make
your happiness eternal.
It will save the murders, thieves, and liars.
It will save the honest, loving, and humble.
It feels for you. cares for you, and loves you.
It is your Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ.
and now for the not so spiritual....
Beast
I am like a savage beast in the wet humid tundra, faster and faster I run, with a screeching stop I eye my prey. Lower and lower I bow to the ground, when with one fatal leap my claws dig deeper and deeper until I hear the crack of the rib cage. One by one each rib shatters into pieces. The prey lets out a horrid bloody scream as my teeth sink into its skull, blood slowly oozes down my animal like throat- grinning I swallow with delight.
ME
Why doesn't the world accept us for who we are?
Tearing away our hopes and dreams leaving deep scars.
We all try so hard to make ourselves a name.
Not realizing how much we are the same.
We need to help each other be the best they can be.
Come out of shells, come out from our mask,
Cause I want to be ME!
WHETHER WEATHER
A beautiful sunrise-
just like your birth.
Atropical rainstorm-
confusing teen years yet still with the light.
The evening settles, the night sky falls-
stubborn, old, and blind but a calm peace fills your soul
A miraculous sunset, light sinking low-
death creeping closer, happy its done.
Well, this is all I will post for today as not to overwhelm you, and in hopes that I may still maintain some friendships after you read these. I thought perhaps I would make a book of these...I actually have quite a few. Maybe I'll post some of my better ones later. Perhaps if I do make a book I'll put pictures of my jr. high/highschool years....I think that will explain alot!
4 comments:
you're such a BEAST!! I love it!
i want to see some of those high school pics!!!! very nice poetry alyson.
LOL! OK, sorry, I shouldn't lol at you putting yourself out there, but don't you just love how dramatic we could be as kids?!
Ya, I wanna see the pictures too! You are hillarious, and awesome for puting them on here for us to enjoy! That's why I love you.
Post a Comment