Sunday, August 23, 2009

Surveillance Camera

SO yesterday I had to return something at Walmart. I was tired and didn't want to be standing in line. I looked like a total ragamuffin with my hair in a brown doo-rag and a white hippie shirt. So after several minutes of standing in line I started watching the surveillance tv monitor above the return counter. While watcing I noticed a rather large, bald guy standing behind me. At first I thought nothing of it but then I noticed on the screen how close he was standing to me and it really started to bug me. So watching him closely on the monitor, I casually shifted to the left and so did he! Then I turned my body a little to the right and so did he. OK that was it! I was not in a messing mood. I swiftly turned around to give this fat bald guy my most evil laser eyes, but to my surprise ...NO ONE WAS THERE! Confused I looked back to monitor....YUP! He was still there. A couple more glances back and forth and a HUGE WAVE OF EMBARASSMENT rushed over me. I WAS THE BIG FAT BALD GUY!!! I busted up laughing right there in line!
How could this happen?, you ask...well in my defense...the lady in front of me was an African American in a white shirt and I thought her black hair was my doo rag, and I just looked really tan....and the my doo-rag was the "bald" head guy. (wait a min. I think that explanation just makes me look worse)
Anyway a few things I learned...
  • The cameras really pack on a lot of weight (I hope)
  • If you're concerned about what you are seeing on one of those cameras, maybe make a distinct hand movement or head bob to figure out which character you are and get your bearings
  • Yes, I was probably standing too close to that lady.
  • Unfortunately, Walmart's return policy on books is 24hours

8 comments:

Scoresbys said...

You're probably the funniest person I know.

Melissa said...

hahahaha ha ha! you are so funny!

modestmuse said...

LOL I love it! I had a similar experience recently while casually browsing in a shoe store -- this lady near me was looking at shoes too and every time I moved to the next shoe closer to her, I saw in my periphery that she would move closer to me! I finally started walking toward her and she wasn't backing down, and I went to look her square in the eye, and it took me a second to recognize I was looking at myself in a mirror! And then I was disappointed the shoe store was smaller than I thought ...

Unknown said...

you are hilarious. nuff said.

Jordan said...

Very funny post

Out And About Global said...

Thanks for the laugh, that's a good one!

Ryan Family said...

You are the best ever!

Gabaldon said...

Oh my gosh!!! I am laughing my butt off!

Thanks I needed a laugh!